SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER
For our Amsterdam office we are looking for a Senior Product Designer. As a Senior Product Designer, you can digest insights into impactful designs to ensure we are developing the right solution to the right challenge. You will be responsible for translating client goals into actionable design solutions, establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction for design team.
WHO WE ARE
REGGS is an interdisciplinary design studio based in Amsterdam with hubs in Groningen, Zurich and Berlin. We develop effective and innovative total design solutions, aiming to create positive changes in how people live, learn, work and play.
We service a wide range of clients, varying from national & international brand owners, retail and technology suppliers in the field of consumer products, food & beverage, medical equipment, mobility, games and High Tech.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven success in translating the client’s brief into clear insights and effective design
- Excess project expectations, re-frame initial problems and scrutinize project assumptions while showing sensitivity to the client’s needs.
- Passion for creating beautiful and meaningful experiences.
- Verbally convey ideas and design concepts to internal team members and clients, articulating and defending rationale behind designs.
- Demonstrate engaging presentation and storytelling skills.
- Provide constructive feedback and design critiques that are honest, direct, actionable and effective.
- Be a team-player.
- With our clients: Be a trusted expert, a collaborative partner and a seamless extension of the client’s team.
- Engage the design team to keep them inspired, motivated and challenged throughout the projects.
- Take ownership of projects, working without close supervision, while balancing multiple concurrent projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in ID/Product Design
- 5+ years of industrial design experience (with at least 1-2 years leading ID teams and projects) preferably in fast-moving, high-volume consumer electronics or consumer goods companies.
- Demonstrated mastery of 2D and 3D tools of the trade (Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe CS, PowerPoint/Keynote etc.).
- Excellent in sketching.
- An incurable curiosity and a passion to dive into opportunities.
- Experience in translating client challenges into tangible design.
- Inspirer who can bring young team members to a next level.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work within interdisciplinary teams.
- Based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
- Ability to efficiently present ideas elegantly and compellingly (visual and verbal) at every stage of development, from brainstorm sketches to CAD and photorealistic renderings.
- Expert understanding of product form language, ergonomics, user-centered design, design for manufacturability, materials and processes, and product interaction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with strong initiative and follow through.
- Work under tight deadline pressure and adapt quickly and amicably to changes in project, scope and schedule.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
What else to expect?
You can enjoy a fresh tasty lunch and weekly beer-fridge Fridays, as well as regular socials. Last but least, we offer flexible work hours and a few extra Reggie days on top of the 24 paid holidays.
Dreaming of becoming a REGGIE
Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, questions: call +31(0)204626565 and ask for Claartje.