INDUSTRIAL DESIGN DIRECTOR
For our Amsterdam office we are looking for an Industrial Design Director. As our Industrial Design Director you will be responsible for translating strategic goals into actionable design solutions, establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction for design team. Areas of work include: design strategy, product and packaging conceptualization, and client presentations.
WHO WE ARE
REGGS is an interdisciplinary design studio based in Amsterdam with hubs in Groningen, Zurich and Berlin. We develop effective and innovative total design solutions, aiming to create positive changes in how people live, learn, work and play.
We service a wide range of clients, varying from national & international brand owners, retail and technology suppliers in the field of consumer products, food & beverage, medical equipment, mobility, games and High Tech.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Design Solutions & Strategy
- Proven success in translating the client’s brief into clear insights and effective design
- Capable of collaborating with Strategy, Innovation and Brand Design directors.
- Excess project expectations, re-frame initial problems and scrutinize project assumptions while showing sensitivity to the client’s needs.
- Passion for creating beautiful and meaningful experiences.
- Verbally convey ideas and design concepts to internal team members and clients, articulating and defending rationale behind designs.
- Demonstrate engaging presentation and storytelling skills.
- Provide constructive feedback and design critiques that are honest, direct, actionable and effective.
- Be a team-player
- With our clients: Be a trusted expert, a collaborative partner and a seamless extension of the client’s team.
- Engage the design team to keep them inspired, motivated and challenged throughout the projects.
- Take ownership of projects, working without close supervision, while balancing multiple concurrent projects.
- Participate in new business acquisition efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in ID/Product Design
- 10+ years of industrial design experience (with at least 3-5 years leading ID teams and projects) preferably in fast-moving, high-volume consumer electronics or consumer goods companies.
- Demonstrated mastery of 2D and 3D tools of the trade (Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe CS, PowerPoint/Keynote etc.).
- Ability to efficiently present ideas elegantly and compellingly (visual and verbal) at every stage of development, from brainstorm sketches to CAD and photorealistic renderings.
- Expert understanding of product form language, ergonomics, user-centered design, design for manufacturability, materials and processes, and product interaction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with strong initiative and follow through.
- Work under tight deadline pressure and adapt quickly and amicably to changes in project, scope and schedule.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
What else to expect? You can enjoy a fresh tasty lunch and weekly beer-fridge Fridays, as well as regular socials. Last but least, we offer flexible work hours and a few extra Reggie days on top of the 24 paid holidays.
Dreaming of becoming a REGGIE
Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org, questions: call +31(0)204626565 and ask for Claartje.